Frontline Plus Canine
Convenient spot treatment for fast-acting, long-lasting control of fleas, ticks and chewing lice.
INERT INGREDIENTS 81.4%
Frontline General Description:
FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR DOGS provides fast, effective and convenient treatment and control of fleas, ticks
and chewing lice for dogs and puppies.
- Stops and prevents infestations
- Kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae
- Prevents all flea stages (eggs, larvae, pupae) from developing
- Kills fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis
- Kills all stages of deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease), brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, and lone star ticks
- Prevents and controls reinfestations
- Rapidly eliminates infestations with chewing lice
- Aids in control of sarcoptic mange infestations
- Can also be used on breeding, pregnant and lactating bitches
- Convenient to use
FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR DOGS contains fipronil and the insect growth regulator (IGR) (S)-methoprene.
FRONTLINE® PLUS effectively targets all stages of fleas. Fipronil collects in the oils of the skin and hair
follicles, and continues to be released from hair follicles onto the skin and coat, resulting in long-lasting activity
against fleas, ticks and chewing lice.
Directions to us Frontline Plus Canine:
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not allow
children to apply product. To prevent harm to you and your pet, read entire label and directions before each use.
Follow all directions and precautionary statements carefully. Use on dogs only. Do not use on rabbits. Do not
use on other animals.
To kill fleas, all stages of brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks, deer ticks (which may carry
Lyme disease) and chewing lice, apply to dogs or puppies (8 weeks or older) as follows: Remove applicator
from child-resistant package. Hold applicator upright and snap applicator tip away from face and body. Place
applicator tip through animal’s hair to the skin level between the shoulder blades. Squeeze applicator, applying
entire contents in a single spot to the animal’s skin. Avoid superficial application to the animal’s hair. Only one
applicator per treatment is needed.
FRONTLINE® PLUS aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infestations. Multiple monthly treatments are
recommended for the elimination of mites.
FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR DOGS can also be used for the treatment and control of flea, tick and chewing lice
infestations on breeding, pregnant and lactating bitches.
Frequency of Application:
When used monthly, FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR DOGS completely breaks the flea life cycle and controls tick
and chewing lice infestations. Research demonstrates that FRONTLINE® PLUS kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and
flea larvae for up to three months. FRONTLINE® PLUS also prevents development of all flea stages for up to
three months. Although FRONTLINE® PLUS can control fleas for up to three months, if there is a high risk of
reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be
needed. FRONTLINE® PLUS kills ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended
where tick control is needed. FRONTLINE® PLUS kills chewing lice for at least one month. A once monthly
application is recommended where chewing lice control is needed. FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR DOGS remains
effective even after bathing, water immersion, or exposure to sunlight. Avoid contact with treated area until dry.
Do not reapply FRONTLINE® PLUS for 30 days.
Storage and Disposal:
- Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.
- Storage. Store unused product in original container only, out of reach of children and animals.
- PESTICIDE DISPOSAL. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- CONTAINER DISPOSAL. If empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
- Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
- IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
- IF IN EYES: Flush eyes with plenty of water. Call a doctor if irritation persists.
- IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation persists.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS. CAUTION.
Harmful if swallowed. Causes eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with
soap and water after handling.
Hazards to Domestic Animals:
For external use only. Do not use on puppies under 8 weeks of age. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may
occur after using any pesticide product. Pets may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product
application. If signs persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, consult a veterinarian
immediately. If your pet has an unusual reaction to the initial application, consult a veterinarian before repeating
treatment. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated,
debilitated or aged animals. Call 1-800-660-1842 for 24-hour assistance.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS
COMBUSTIBLE: Do not use or store near heat or open flame.
For easy and convenient treatment, FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR DOGS is available in sizes for small dogs and
puppies 8 weeks or older and up to 22 lbs., medium dogs 23-44 lbs., large dogs 45-88 lbs., and extra large dogs